There a range of support services on offer for people and families living with cystic fibrosis across Australia. Each state and territory has a cystic fibrosis organisation who will be funded by various Departments of Health, grants and trusts. Each organisation is independently managed and will have its own processes and services. However, all CF organisations provide their members with a range of programs, services and community-based supports for people with CF and their families.
While the specific services provided may differ for each state or territory, they can include:
- assistance with CF-related treatment and medical equipment
- exercise and fitness subsidies
- carer and sibling support and events
- transition support for young people and carers
- access to counselling and social workers
- financial support
- education for early childhood, schools, workplaces and health professionals
- connecting you with others in the CF community through a peer support program
- community support events across metropolitan and regional towns
- resources such as information booklets, fact sheets, magazines and website links to external sources.
Australian CF Organisations
Contact your local CF Organisation to discuss what support services and programs are available for you and your family to access.