What is CFStrong?
CFStrong is a website designed and built specifically for adults living with cystic fibrosis (CF). Due to the increasing age of the CF population, there is limited centralised access to specific CF information, resources, and insight into the lives of others living with CF in Australia. CFStrong aims to fill this gap. It is an online resource full of stories and information, and advice, and covers topics such as medical questions, employment, relationships, and much more.
Our challenge is to meet the changing needs of our growing adult CF community. CFStrong will help meet part of that need and complement our growing suite of services and support available for adults with CF.
To help increase knowledge and information sharing, we would love to hear from adults who have or are impacted by CF, including friends, family, colleagues, health professionals and mentors, to name a few. Our goal is to help reduce isolation within the community and bring transparency to the world of CF. If you would like to share your story contact us at [email protected]
There a range of support services on offer for people and families living with cystic fibrosis across Australia. Each state and territory has a cystic fibrosis organisation that will be funded by various Departments of Health grants and trusts. Each organisation is independently managed and will have its own processes and services. However, all CF organisations provide their members with a range of programs, services and community-based supports for people with CF and their families.
While the specific services provided may differ for each state or territory, they can include:
- assistance with CF-related treatment and medical equipment
- exercise and fitness subsidies
- carer and sibling support and events
- transition support for young people and carer
- access to counselling and social worker
- financial support
- education for early childhood, schools, workplaces and health professionals
- connecting you with others in the CF community through a peer support programs
- community support events across metropolitan and regional towns
- resources such as information booklets, fact sheets, magazines and website links to external sources
Australian CF Organisations
Contact your local CF Organisation to discuss what support services and programs are available for you and your family to access.
The CFStrong project was funded by the Australian Government through the Information Linkages and Capacity Building grant.